Monday, March 14, 2011

Moments

How do you define a moment? By the people? The place? Or what was happening? I honestly believe that all four of them are incredibly responsible for making a moment. This crossed my mind the other night as I was getting home. I'd had a really rough week and needed a night out with people who make me laugh and truly care about me... so i decided after I got off work that i would go out for drinks with a few people from work. I was hesitant at first cause while I love them, none of them have ever seen me in a drinking lets party setting... mostly because I don't really have that setting to, to often. Anyway I went and ended up having one of the most fun nights that I've had in quite a while. I mean drinks, meeting new people, and a little dancing. It was great and it gave me an opportunity to see my co-workers a little differently, even thought I'm pretty sure they still don't know exactly who i am. At that moment it makes me curious what really made that night fun... I didn't wear heels, I didn't throw down a buncha money on drinks, and we literally went right after work just to the bar across the street at our local Applebee's. So what made the moment? Did all the stars align and give me this great fun night and it just works that way that things just keep working like that? after all a moment is only what you take it for...
So after some thought and a five hour drive with two of the girls from work to Galveston.. and an interesting dinner... I think I've decided that it is the company, the area, but it is also how you make it. Cause I'm sure any situation can be turned if you wanted to. But I wanted to laugh and have fun Saturday night and ended up staying out till somewhere around four or five in the morning... and yesterday was up early to leave Dallas and late to go to sleep because we were talking and cutting up and having a good time.
So cut and dried I think these moments are to precious and worth while to believe anything other than they come around when you decide that you truly need and want these moments.
-H.F.

No comments:

Post a Comment