Monday, April 11, 2011

Hello, this is life calling.

Have you ever wondered exactally who you are? By this I don't mean your name and address and what you want to be when you grow up... I mean really who you are.. I am in no way pointing an accusing finger or trying to call anyone out. Mostly because I also have NO IDEA who I am. I know I'm going to school to be a journalist, spacifically in International/Intercultural Communications. I know that I love to travel, and that my life is not the regular cookie cutter life that most people have. I am not going to finish school in four years, and then get a job and get married and have kids. That life is not for me. It's just not. Amazing that everyone wants to shut you in a cookie cutter box.


One of my oldest guy friends is like that, and I cannot imagine why he is in such a rush. Like he's in such a hurry to start living his life... At the womens conference this weekend we had a speaker who covered this and the reality that you've been living your life. LIFE ALREADY STARTED. I'm so very guilty of this. I mean super guilty.. In lower school, the thought was when i get to highschool, in highschool, well when i get to college, in college now my story is well when i graduate.. when am i going to stop pre planning and just start living.
 
I have a great life. Please take note that i said great life not perfect. I have really really great friends all of them very very different, I have a job that some days makes me crazy but others is not so bad, i have a very promising future, and a family that loves me through my stupid mistakes and all. So why is it that i keep life at bay. is it because i'm afraid of failing at life? or is it as simple over living? Are we guilty of letting life mar our identity?

No comments:

Post a Comment